Thursday, September 27, 2012

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Day 1: Red

I've done it again! I've decided to go over to the deep side and attempt another nail art challenge... I really like these things, I think they push your creativity to its max and forces the challenged to think outside the box. However, sometimes I'm just not in the mood to do nails so making a commitment to do nail art every day is so hard for me. So I'm thinking maybe I can skip days in between? Of course the challenge will take longer than 31 days but at least I'll keep my sanity dammit!
So anyway, the nail challenge is from Chalkboard Nails! She's already on Day 27 but you can see all of her nail art from Day 1 on her blog. Her nail art is simply amazing.
Seriously. Check it out.
So Day 1's challenge is Red and I decided to go with an apple design. Fall is my favorite season and "red" translates to "apple" when I'm in an autumn state of mind. I didn't want to do the traditional apple nail art, so I went with a design inspired by the apple peel. It came out way better than I expected and it was super easy.
I used Wet n Wild's Red Red as a base and Sinful Colors Innocent on top of that. To create the apple peel's marbling I used the saran wrap technique. After that I used a toothpick to create tiny little white dots and then top coat. Voila! Fresh Picked Apple Nails!
Scroll to the bottom to see the 31 Nail Art Challenge.

See y'all tomorrow! (Hopefully),
Raquel N.








No comments:

Post a Comment